Established in 1919
The Association of Polish Electrical Engineers (SEP) is the largest Polish creative organization of a scientific and technical kind uniting electrical engineers of all specialities and people whose professional activity is connected with vastly understood electrical engineering from electronics to power engineering.
SEP provides the following activity:
- initiates and supports Polish scientific research in the field of electricity in connection with the world progress;
- organizes international, national and regional conferences, symposia and sessions devoted to the most actual problems in the electrical engineering field, as well as competitions, exhibitions, technical-tourist excursions, business missions for Polish enterprises. In cooperation with foreign enterprises SEP organizes in Poland promotions of foreign electrotechnical fairs;
- organizes training and further education for electrical engineers;
- prepares opinions pertaining to programmes, legal acts and other documents elaborated by the administrative authorities and other organizations;
- cooperates with foreign engineers’ organizations, securing access for Polish specialists to advanced information on development of electrical engineering and to win the title of European Engineer, being a member of a Convention of National Societies of Electrical Engineers of Europe (EUREL);
- takes part in the establishment of standards and technical regulations;
- grants recommendations together with the right to use the sign of SEP recommendation to companies making products or delivering services at an appropriate high quality level;
- takes care of studying youth and young technical cadres beginning their professional work, funds scientific scholarships;
- SEP carriers its economic activity through economic agendas, publish professional books and journals (COSiW – Center for Training and Publications of SEP), conducts testing and certification (BBJ – SEP Testing and Certification Institute), Chamber of Experts of SEP, Office of Studies and Analysis SEP.